Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Camp News!

Hey all,

Quick update on whats happening here. Had a really Good Summer up at the cabin and I do have pics to post in the near future. I've located my camera's mini USB cord now so I can download again!

Had the kids with me up at the lake quite a bit. Lot's of firsts in fishing and the girls even learned to tool around in the kayaks a little bit.

Fishing was better than it has been in quite some time, even started to see some Northern Pike in the lake on a regualr basis. One particularly clever one set up under our dock most of the year living off the "dock Sunnies" that always hang out there.

It was fun to see my oldest girls reaction as she was reeling in a Sunny and that ol Pike took a shot at it. She almost threw her pole in the water!

I'm getting my youngest, the Lad out of the cabin and intothe woods/water more too. He'll come along just fine I'm sure. I've got another entry planned, "Herbology 100" on a few of the natural plant remedies a good friend of mine found when we took a wlak around the cabin and driveway.

And coming from the chow hall will be an entry on some wild raspberry/ Rhubarb jam I'll be cooking up soon!

Stay with me! But get out doors and take a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment