Wednesday, December 26, 2012

From the Chow Hall

Hey all, this is just a quick little post that is food related and thus gets the Chow Hall title. On my Christmas shopping adventures I stopped for lunch at Panera Bread.  It's a chain restaraunt, not fast food but quick service. Obviously they make their own bread and pastries but they aslo serve sandwhiches and soups...not a bad place to stop actually but enough chit chat and on to how this applies to the North Woodsman!

We all know that sometimes out in the field when we are fixing chow we want to add some flavor. Handy portable options are always popular and this company has some condiments out that I really like and maybe you will enjoy as well.



Good quality mustard and mayonaise.

One of my favorite lunches to bring out on a day trip is summer sausage, bread,cheese and mustard. Usually I make a sandwhich out of it but sometimes I just dip the cheese or bread or eat right in the mustard and just eat. Carrying a jar of mustard can get pretty heavy and in some cases breakable. carrying a couple of these packets mkes it much easier to add some flavor or use to make some sandwhiches.

the only thing more perfect than these 2 packetsin my opinion are the tiny bottles of tabasco sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment