Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Rant!

Sorry all,

This isn't outdoors related but I need to vent so here it goes. We have been fortunate in that we have an in home day care friend who has watched all of our kids almost from the birth of our oldest who will be 9 next month.  Her personal lifestyle and politics are different then ours but has never really been an issue until recently. I am not a very political person at all. I hate getting into disscussion about politics and will leave the room when folks start up. I am a Libertarian if anything. I have friends who are very left, like our day care lady and some who are just as right. I don't mind being with these folks for the most part. When they do get up on a soap box so to speak I politley listen, like at a party or get together, and then just mind my own business.

I picked the girls up after school the other day, a couple days after the election, and the girls seemed upset. I asked them what is up and what they told me really has my blood up. The ladies at daycare told them that Mitt Romney wanted to kill Big Bird. I verified with them to be sure of the words used and they said it was.  These ladies are wiccan, polygamous, bi sexual, right wing peacenicks and yet the are sitting there telling my kids that the Republican Candidate wanted to KILL BIG BIRD if he was elected. Shame on them for saying this to kids who are impressionable and who take things to heart because they haven't the  life experience yet to pick up exageration or sarcasm or what have you. Shame on them for trying to press on my kids their politics. I am still pretty mad about this.

We have been friends with these folks for years and years now and have always been able to take them with a grain of salt and the good they have done by being affordable daycare in an age where the cost is ridiculous.  But this has hit me rather hard and I am at odds.

Do you think I am right with being this upset or should I just, "Lighten up, Francis"?

No comments:

Post a Comment